- Dice the bacon; remove the stalks from the thyme; beat the eggs.
- In a frying pan heat the oil and butter, until the mixture has just about turned frothy. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir in the thyme, and in the seasoning as per taste.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water as per the instructions provided on the packaging. Drain thoroughly. Add the pasta into the saucepan along with the eggs. Cook on a high heat for 30 seconds, to let the eggs set. Do not overcook the eggs as they will turn rubbery.
- Stir in only half of the parmesan cheese. Place the cooked pasta onto a plate, pour over the sauce and mix well. Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese on top and serve at once.