- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Blanch the pear wedges and carrots for 30 seconds, then drain immediately.
- Pat the peeled and deveined shrimp very dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, sugar, chicken broth and cornstarch, set aside.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the cooking oil and swirl to coat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the shrimp and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the grated ginger and continue stir frying for 30 seconds. Add the peas, carrots and pears and toss well. Stir fry for 1 minute, the shrimp should be just barely cooked through.
- Pour in the chicken broth mixture, stir and let cook for an additional minute, until shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.