- Chop the chili, crush garlic, slice onion then set them aside.
- In a large saucepan, put sweet pepper, garlic, onion and chili. Then add tomato paste and vegetable soup, heat to boil, stirring well.
- Minimize the heat to let simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet peppers have softened. Strain then reserves the liquid and veggies separately.
- Take a strainer and press veggies with the back of spoon. Then put the veggies puree into a clean saucepan along with liquid. Add basil and heat to just until hot.
- Garnish with fresh basil sprigs and serve immediately.