- Chop the jalapeno and onions, mince the garlic. Seed and chop the peppers. Cut chicken in cubes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or save for another use). Set the juice and pineapple aside.
- Lightly season the chicken cubes with salt, pepper and garlic powder (use as much as you like). Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet. Add in chicken cubes tossing with two spatulas until JUST cooked and browned. Add chicken broth, peppers and reserved pineapple to the skillet; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
- Add to skillet; bring to a boil stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve hot.