- Separate 2 tbsp of pineapple chunks. beat an egg and chop pineapple finely. Set all aside.
- Take a saucepan and add butter, dates, sugar, water and let boil. Turn out from heat and leave to cool.
- Add baking soda, chopped pineapple, and beaten egg, self rising flour to mix well and make a batter.
- Spread the batter into a greased and lined 2 lb loaf pan. Preheat oven to 325*F and bake for 1¼ hours, turn out on a wire rack and let cool.
- To prepare the topping, you need to melt honey and brush the top of loaf with it. Sprinkle over the chopped pineapples to garnish. Serve sweet Pineapple Loaf Recipe with proud.