Pistachio Brigadeiros recipe
- Grind the pistachios and separate 2 tbsp.
- Take 3 quart heavy saucepan; add condensed milk, cream, 6 tbsp pistachios, syrup and butter, leave to boil on medium flame. Cook now on reduced heat with whisking as needed until mixture becomes thick for 12 minutes.
- The whisk will leave distinct trails of batter on the surface; it should start to form a nice blob and will thick residue on bottom of pan.
- Shift the mixture to bowl, let cool to room temperature and refrigerate to firm for 3-4 hours.
- Add ¼ cup pistachios to the bowl, use the large scoop of a melon baller, scoop out mixture, and roll in palm to form a ball (1” in diameter). Put each ball into 2 tbsp ground pistachios, make 4-6 brigadeiros like this and pick them out from with your fingers, shake off excess amount with care (if balls don’t stick to pistachios from outside, roll them again in your palm and coat once again).