- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and let drain on paper towels.
- Combine melted margarine with the sausage drippings until there is 1 cup of drippings and margarine combined.
- Saute onions and celery in the margarine/dripping mixture until onion is tender but not browned.
- Stir in about 1/3 of the bread cubes.
- Pour onion mixture into a large bowl and stir in remaining bread cubes, sausage, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Watch your hands, it's hot. Mix well.
- This stuffing is ready for baking, turkey.