- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the fennel and onion. Saute until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, chicken broth, milk and lemon juice.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- In another pan, toast the whole fennel seeds untill aromatic.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and heat until warmed through.
- Ladle into individual bowls and garnish with toasted fennel seeds. Serve immediately