- Bring water to boiling in a 2-qt. saucepan having a tight-fitting cover.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel and dice potatoes.
- Add potatoes to boiling water with leeks, salt and pepper.
- Cover saucepan and simmer gently about 15 minutes. , or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, dice and pan-broil bacon.
- Remove saucepan from heat and drain vegetables, reserving the broth. Force vegetables through food mill, ricer or sieve into broth.
- Blend in bacon and cream, milk, parsley, and margarine.
- Reheat soup and serve hot.