- Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, 2 tbsp of white sugar, 2 tbsp of brown sugar and melted butter, mix well. Firmly press the mixture into a 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup of white sugar, pumpkin, egg yolks, cinnamon, mace, ginger and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric beater until light and fluffy, gradually add 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of white sugar then mix well.
- Add the whole egg and whipping cream, beat well. Add cornstarch and vanilla, beat the batter until smooth.
- Add pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Do not over bake. Center may be soft but it will firm up when chilled.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate.
- Decorate with whipped cream and serve!