- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and flour; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 - inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and remaining sugar.
- Stir in milk. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake for 50-55 minutes or longer, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the additional cinnamon, if desired.