- Chop raisins and almonds coarsely, beat eggs and set all aside.
- Take a saucepan, add raisins with water and slowly bring to boil. Turn out from heat.
- Sift flour with baking powder in a medium bowl. Rub butter with your fingers. Add sugar and chopped almonds, stir well then add milk, grapefruit, beaten eggs and raisin mixture, combine all well.
- Remove the segments of flesh from the grapefruit and grate it's rind. Stir in the grated rind and flesh into the cake batter. Pour the mixture into a greased 2 lb loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Bake for an hour or until changes into golden brown. Remove cake from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve Raisin Loaf Cake for an interesting breakfast.