- Slice or chop an onion and green chili, crush garlic. Set ingredients aside.
- Add red pepper, onion, garlic and chili in a large saucepan. Add tomato sauce together with vegetable broth and maintain to boil on medium heat; stirring.
- Simmer on reduced heat and cook for 20 minutes until peppers become softened. Drain well, reserve liquid and vegetables in a separate bowls.
- With the back of spoon, strain the vegetables through a fine sieve or blend until smooth in a processor.
- Now return puree in a pan together with reserved liquid, add chopped basil and cook it until hot.
- Scatter with basil sprigs over. Serve immediately.