- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Pour water in a 2-quart saucepan; add butter, stir and let cook until it begins to boil. This will take 6-8 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, stir in flour and salt. Keep stirring the mixture vigorously until it begins to combine into a ball and leaves sides of pan.
- Remove from heat, add eggs, one at a time and mix after every egg. When mixture is smooth, stir in a cup of cheese, sweet pepper and basil.
- Without wasting time, drop the batter on prepared baking sheets with a spoon. Sprinkle quarter teaspoon of cheese on each of them.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden-brown in color.
- Serve warm!