- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- To roast garlic, remove papery outer layer of skin and trim a small portion off the top of the head to expose cloves. Place on a square of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with 1/2 tsp of oil. Seal package and place in oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While garlic is roasting, heat the remaining olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion and sage together until the onions are soft. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine the onion mixture, beans, vinegar, salt and pepper. Squeeze roasted garlic from each clove and add to the mixture. Process until smooth. (If necessary, add water to create a smooth mixture).
- Serve warm or room temperature with grilled bread and vegetables.