- Preheat oven to (400 degrees F).
- Cut off the top part of the garlic.
- Place garlic on tin foil and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting, add the peeled potatoes to a very large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and let cook for 20 minutes or until very tender (easily pierced with a fork). Drain.
- When the garlic is done, squeeze out the roasted cloves.
- Place the roasted garlic and any olive oil from roasting into a pot. Pour in the milk and add the butter.
- Bring to simmer and mash up the garlic with a fork or garlic masher. Add in the boiled potatoes and mash.
- Add additional milk if you like mashed potatoes creamier. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with hot beans or chicken. if desired.