- Finely chop the onion, coriander and thyme.
- Now remove the stalk and quarter peppers. De-seed and then grill the quarters until charred. Remove the skins and finely slice them.
- Roughly chop the root ginger, set aside. Now in a pan, roast the dry spices for 30 seconds to a minute until aromatic.
- In a pestel and mortar, crush the spices and ginger garlic to make a smooth paste, add in the lemon juice.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the peppers, chopped onions and herbs then the spice mixture. Stir gently and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.