- Slice the beans diagonally into 2-inch pieces the put in a saucepan of salted boiling water along with a bay leaf.
- Cook until beans are tender but crispy, for about 8 minutes. Drain and remove bay leaf.
- While beans are cooking, place almonds in a small skillet over medium heat and stir until almonds are toasted.
- Add butter, lemon peel and minced rosemary to pan. Stir until butter is melted, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place hot beans in a serving dish. Pour butter mixture and toss to mix. Serve warm!