- Cover lentils by 2 inches with water, add bay leaf and onion and bring to a boil, boil lentils 20 to 22 minutes until just tender but with a little bite left to them.
- In a shallow pasta bowl combine the minced garlic cloves and about 1/3 cup olive oil and let stand 15 minutes.
- Place sausages in a small pan and add 1/4-inch water and 2 teaspoons olive oil, a little drizzle.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high, let the water simmer away 8 minutes or so, then crisp the casings 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaf and peeled and halved onion from lentils.
- Toss hot lentils with garlic oil, parsley and salt and pepper. Serve with sausages on top.