- Beat an egg and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour with salt through a sieve or strainer and rub in the butter.
- Completely dissolve sugar into milk, now add yeast and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Put in the flour mixture and combine well to form a smooth dough. Turn it onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic then form a round shape. Place the dough in neat and clean bowl, cover and let it rise up in a warm place for half an hour.
- Now add golden raisins and again knead it gently until raisins are well distributed. Cover and leave to stand for further 15 minutes.
- Create a ball shape, place on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rest in warm place for an hour. Flatten dough gently and use brush to glaze with egg after 15 minutes.
- Warm up an oven to 425 F. Bake for at least 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack. Now serve Selkirk Bannock Recipe with butter.