- Chop the scallions; beat the egg; chop the onion; peel the shrimps. Place the rice in a saucepan of enough water to cover the rice up to 1-inch above the top.
- Heat, bring the rice to boil, stirring. Lower down the heat, cover and let simmer for 12 minutes until the water has been evaporated. Rinse the rice in cold water.
- Heat the wok and then heat 1 tbsp of the oil in it. Now add the onion and scallions to the wok and cook until soft. Then ladle the egg in and then stir until the mixture sets. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Now heat another tbsp of the oil in the wok and the fry the garlic, peas and shrimps for 2 minutes. Set them aside also.
- Finally, heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir in the rice and salt. Stir-fry and then add the egg and shrimp mixtures and the sauce.
- Transfer to the serving plates. Serve Shrimp Egg Rice Recipe at once.