- Crush garlic clove, thaw the peas, cut cucumber into two halves, remove seeds using a tsp then dice the flesh.
- Cut carrot in half lengthways then slice thinly into semicircles, de-seed and slice sweet pepper; chop scallions then set aside.
- Take a large pan of boiling water, put the rice in it and simmer for 15 minutes. Tip the rice into a strainer and rinse then drain completely.
- Heat a wok; add nuts and dry-fry until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in the wok; add cucumber, carrot, scallions, garlic and sweet pepper. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add peas, rice, soy sauce and salt. Continue to stir-fry until well mixed and thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the reserved cashew nuts. Then transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with coriander and serve at once.