- Chop the tomatoes; chop coriander leaves; set them aside.
- In a small frying pan, dry-fry coriander, cumin and mustard seeds until they start to pop and give off the smoky aroma. Put away from the heat and grind to form a rough powder.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and then add ginger, garlic and onion and fry over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the tomatoes, cover and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Put the roasted spices, chili powder and turmeric, soup and okra. Boil; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the okra is tender.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and then adjust seasoning. Serve hot.