- Preheat oven to 275°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk brown sugar, cumin, paprika, thyme, salt and cayenne in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg white and water in a medium bowl until foamy. Add almonds and stir to coat; pour through a sieve to drain off excess egg white.
- Transfer the almonds to the bowl of spices; stir well to coat. Spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake the almonds for 30 minutes.
- Stir, reduce the oven temperature to 200° and bake until the almonds are dry and golden, about 30 minutes more.
- Let cool before serving, about 20 minutes.