- Peel and chop onion, crush garlic cloves, chop green chillie and coriander. Set aside.
- Rinse the lentils through a sieve under cold running water. Drain and place in a large preheated wok with adding 31/4 cup of broth, onions, tomatoes, carrots and garlic. Bring everything to boil. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- In a small pan, add and heat up oil and cumin, turmeric, coriander, chili; stir fry for just 1 minute. Then, remove from stove and add season to taste with lemon juice.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a processor. Return soup to the pan, add spice mixture and remaining stock, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the milk , adjust seasoning. Again add in the chopped coriander and lightly heat up. With a swirl of yogurt serve to everyone.