- Thaw the spinach and make puree then set it aside for further use.
- Sift flour with salt into a bowl and tip in any bran in the strainer. Then whisk together yogurt, oil, water and egg.
- Slowly pour it over the flour, beating constantly. Stir in the pepper and spinach.
- Take a small, heavy frying pan, lightly brush with oil then heat it.
- Put 4 tbsp of pancake batter and tilt the pan so that it covers the base. Cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles appear in the center.
- Turn and cook the other side for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Then slide the prepared pancake on to a plate, cover with foil and keep it warm while cooking the other pancakes.
- Spread a filling of your choice over each pancake and fold in half then make another half again, like envelope style. Ladle the filling into the opening also.
- Take a shallow, ovenproof dish, grease it and arrange the pancakes in a single layer.
- Drizzle over the cheese if desired and cook in a preheated oven at 350?F for about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and coriander sprigs, serve hot.