- Thaw frozen vegetables place entire bag in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes).
- Set aside until step 7.
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and stir fry until tender but not brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Put egg white in one bowl and cornstarch in another.
- Dip steak strips into egg white and then coat with cornstarch.
- Add steak strips to pan and continue to stir fry until steak strips are lightly browned, about 5–8 minutes.
- Add Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, and sherry (optional), and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Immediately lower temperature to a gentle simmer.
- Add the thawed vegetables and mix gently.
- Simmer until vegetables are heated through, about 3–4 minutes.
- Divide mixture into four equal portions (about 2 cups each) and serve.