- Hull the strawberries. Crush the strawberries in a bowl. Put together the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Heat, stir at low until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and then bring to the rolling boil, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace, and seal.
- Process in a water bath. If the jam is going to be eaten right away, don't bother with processing, and just refrigerate.
- Serve "Strawberry Jam Recipe" spread over the bread.