- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using frozen strawberries, thaw and cut into pieces. Combine with brown sugar and set aside.
- Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, combine flours, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, butter, 1 tsp vanilla and egg. Mix well and add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Spread strawberry mixture evenly over the batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan.
- ICING: Combine powdered sugar, milk and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Stir well and drizzle icing over cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.