- Chop the mushrooms, onion and dried tomatoes, crush garlic, toast nuts, cut stalks and lower leaves of artichokes with scissors, snip leaf off; set them aside.
- Take a large bowl with half of water and half of lemon juice, place 2 artichokes in it, cover, let cook on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Turn artichokes over half way through, until the leaf pulls away easily from base. Cover and let stand for 3 minutes before draining. Place the artichokes upside down and leave to cool. Do the same process for other artichokes.
- In a bowl, place garlic, onion and oil, cover to cook at high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring once. Then add tomatoes, mushrooms and olives, cover, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the basil, nuts and breadcrumbs; adjust seasoning according to your taste.
- Turn the artichokes right way up and carefully pull leaves apart. Remove the central leaves having purple tips. Using a teaspoon, dig out the hairy chokes and discard them.
- Spoon the stuffing equally into center of each artichoke. Arrange artichokes in a shallow dish and sprinkle with little oil from tomato jar. Cook at high heat for about 8 minutes to reheat the artichokes.
- Serve hot!