- Finely chop a zucchini, onion, sweet pepper and garlic clove.
- To prepare the stuffing, heat oil in a deep skillet and saute onion for 2-3 minutes till soft. Add chopped zucchini, garlic, mushroom, sweet pepper and season to taste. Saute for 2-3 minutes till vegetables start softening.
- Add rice, thyme and chicken stock. Give it a boil while stirring time to time. Simmer for 10-12 minutes till liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil and cheese. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, boil zucchini for 3 minutes then drain its water and rinse in cold water.
- Cut a thin slice from length of zucchini so that they remain stable. Also remove the stems from middle of mushrooms.
- Fill the prepared stuffing in vegetables neatly and serve garnished with basil leaves.