- Remove seeds from lemon, peel garlic cloves, slice and mince garlic and wash the scallions and pat dry. Set aside.
- Put the bulgur in a medium bowl with 1 cup of hot water so that bulgur can absorb the water.
- Wash the parsley in a colander under running water. Roll the herbs in paper towels to dry.
- On a cutting board, cut off the roots and slice the white portion into 1/4 –inch slices. Finely chop the slices and discard the green tops.
- Roll the lemons on a flat surface to loosen the membranes. Halve the lemon. Squeeze each lemon half over a measuring cup until you have 1/2 cup of juice.
- Combine the scallions, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Fold the lemon juice mixture into the bulgur with a spoon. Add the tomatoes, stir again to combine. Shift to a serving plate and serve at once.