- Peel and de-vein shrimps, slice the sweet pepper an keep aside. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large pan over high heat. When butter starts bubbling, add shrimps and cook for 2 minutes, until halfway cooked through. Remove the shrimps from pan.
- Return pan to the stove and add remaining butter. When hot, add garlic, onion and sweet pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro and half cooked shrimp back into the pan. Pour in the tequila, let simmer for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the hot sauce, lime juice, season with salt and pepper then finally stir in sour cream.
- Dish out and serve with avocado wedges on the side over warm boiled rice.