- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl; put flour, ground almonds, sugar and salt. Mix lightly then add butter and mix until the mixture forms a crumby texture.
- Add egg yolks and mix well until combined. Press the mixture into base and little upsides of a 9-inch un-greased tart pan then allow chilling for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, prick the chilled crust base several times then bake for 20-25 minutes or until its edges turn golden-brown.
- By the time, pour whipping cream, caramel sauce and vanilla extract into a 2-quart saucepan. Cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until the mixture is combined and heated through.
- Add slivered almonds, stir and remove from heat. Pour the caramel mixture over half done tart crust and bake for another 20-22 minutes or until caramel mixture bubbles.
- Let cool for an hour, serve warm or at room temperature.