- Trim celery and chop it, chop onion, crush garlic. Shred scallions. Set aside.
- Heat up the grill, remove seeds and halved the sweet peppers, Place them on hot grill rack. Let cook turning with intervals; until softened and broiled.
- Let cool then cut off the broiled skin. Reserve a little piece to garnish. Grate sweet pepper flesh and add to the saucepan.
- Stir in celery, onion, garlic with adding broth and bay leaves. Continue to boil; cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- When well cooked, stir in tomatoes and shift to blender and work on it for 5-6 seconds or more until smooth. Bring back to the pan.
- Season according to taste, cook for 3-4 minutes until red hot. Transfer to bowls, cut reserved peppers and scallions into strips for garnish. Serve at once with crusty french loaf.