- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Boil or bake sweet potatoes, peel and chop into cubes.
- Take 1 cup of the sweet potatoes and mash them and set aside for now.
- Chop sweet red pepper into thin strips about an inch long. Chop scallion. Chop cilantro.
- Chop turkey into cubes.
- Mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, cubed sweet potatoes, cubed turkey, red pepper strips, chopped cilantro, 1 chopped scallion, egg white, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and add oil and butter.
- When hot, add the hash mixture to the skillet.
- Cook for 3 minutes until the bottom sets.
- Turn it once and cook for another 2 minutes.
- If using a non-stick skillet, experiment with using less oil and butter and perhaps increasing the broth.
- Turn into a baking dish (unless you are using an ovenproof skillet) and bake in a 400F oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with remaining cilantro and scallions.
- Can serve with salsa on the side.