- Slice onion, chop garlic cloves, peel and chop tomatoes. Set ingredients aside until necessary.
- Add ground turmeric with 3 tbsp of hot boiled vegetable broth in a small bowl. Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Heat up oil in a large frying pan. Stir fry onions and chopped garlic slightly until softened.
- Add wild rice and long grain rice, toss for 3 minutes until completely coated in oil. Pour the broth with butter nut squash to the pan, ground turmeric and liquid. Stirring frequently as the mixture comes to a boil and lower the heat.
- Cover with lid or foil gentle cook for 15 minutes(avoid stirring again and again as it causes to reduce steam and moistness). Add carrots, tomatoes, salt, black pepper, sweet peppers together and cover lid, leave to simmer for 5 minutes until the rice are cooked thoroughly.
- Now add mushrooms, taste your seasoning and adjust, cook, remove lid for minimum time to softened the mushrooms making sure that paella does not stick. Garnish with sweet pepper strips, serve immediately.