- Peel the sweet potato, dice the onion and sweet potato, mince garlic cloves and chop cilantro leaves. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, heat up oil over medium or high flame; add diced potato and onion, cook for at least 4 minutes with stirring occasionally until onion becomes softened but not colored.
- Add minced garlic, chili powder, salt, ground jalapeno and cumin, cook and stir as necessary for just 30 seconds.
- Add minimum amount of water, cover and let simmer, decrease the heat and leave to gentle simmer. Cook now for 10 minutes or until sweet potato is completely heated through.
- Add black beans, lime juice and tomatoes, switch the heat to high and leave to simmer once again, stirring occasionally. Decrease the heat and simmer to reduce lightly for 5 minutes. Switch off the heat and keep aside, sprinkle the chopped cilantro, serve hot at once.