- Mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, vanilla extract, beaten egg and oil until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients mixture (prepared in step 1) to the buttermilk mixture (prepared in step 2) and mix until just combined and there is no dry flour. Do not over mix the batter. Prepared whole wheat pancake mix batter will be lumpy.
- Grease the skillet using cooking spray (or oil) and pre heat on medium heat until medium hot.
- When skillet is medium hot, pour ¼ cup of pancake batter in it. Cook pancake on medium low heat and flip it with spatula when bubbles start to appear on the surface and edges turn golden brown. Cook another side until golden brown on bottom.
- Transfer pancake in serving plate. Prepare 3 to 4 pancakes at a time according to size of your skillet.Do the same process for remaining whole wheat pancake mix batter.
- Serve Whole Wheat Flour Pancake(your choice) by topping with sliced almonds, sliced banana and maple syrup.