- In a lightly salted, boiling water, cook wild rice for about 35 minutes or until tender.
- At the same time, in a pan put the long-grain rice with plenty of cold water, then put salt, sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice; boil and let simmer gently for about 12 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain both of the rice and put in a large bowl. Mix together parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and then season and toss with the rice. Let completely cool.
- Before serving, peel and cut the papaya, discard the seeds and dice the flesh. Mix in the rice along with the nuts, onions and seeds.
- Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.