- Slice onions, carrots, turnips, parsnips, celeriac, leeks and potatoes. Crumble the bay leaf and chop garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Heat the oven to 375° F. Take a big casserole and set carrots, onions, turnips, parsnips, celeriac and leeks making different layers in casserole having a fix lid.
- Using salt and pepper season all vegetables then put crumbled bay leaf, parsley, thyme and garlic.
- Take flour and blend it with the broth then deluge over layers of vegetables. Then set potatoes in overlapping position on the top. Place small pieces of butter on potatoes before closing its lid firmly.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 1 ¼ hours or till vegetables are softened. Taking the lid off, cook it for another 15 to 20 minutes till crust is golden brown and edges of potatoes are crunchy. Serve when ready.