10 Fun Exercises To Do With A Buddy
There’s nothing better than having an exercise buddy to keep you motivated during your workouts.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
Below are 10 fun exercises to try out with your workout partner.
1. Hi-Five Push-Ups
- Both partners get into push-up position, across from one another.
- Lower yourselves down into your push-up, but when you rise back up together, each person will use their right hand to give each other a high five.
- Repeat, but next time using the left arm.
2. Single Deadlift With Medicine Ball
- Stand up facing each other, about 10 feet apart. Balance on one foot, with the other bent behind you. One person holds the medicine ball.
- Both partners will slowly squat down as far as they can go together, chests still up.
- The partner with the ball will roll it to the other person and then both of you will stand up. When the ball is returned to the first partner, one rep has been completed.
- Repeat this on the same leg for a few reps, then swap and do it again on the opposite leg.
3. Partner Lateral Squat Walks
- Stand up straight, partners facing back-to-back. Using each other as support, lower yourselves into a squat position. Ideally, you will be squatting at a 90d-degree bend in your hips and knees.
- Moving one foot at a time, take five steps to the right, and then five steps to the left. Repeat.
4. Assisted Leg Lifts
- One partner Stands up straight, feet shoulder-width apart. The other partner will lie down on the ground and grab the other partner’s legs.
- While keeping their torso on the ground, the partner lying down will lift their legs and raise them up and back towards their partner. The partner standing up will push the other partner’s legs back down when their toes reach their body.
- Repeat for a few reps, and then swap places.
5. Buddy Box Jumps
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, facing each other, and an elevated surface (sturdy box, stack of mats, etc.) in between you two.
- One partner will jump onto the surface and jump back down. As soon as they jump down, the next partner will take their turn. Repeat for a few reps.
6. Medicine Ball Twist Passes
- Stand up straight, backs to each other, feet shoulder-width apart, and one person holding the medicine ball with both hands.
- Twisting towards each other, the partner holding the medicine ball will pass the ball over to the other person. Then repeat, with the ball being passed between one another. Afterwards, do it again, but in the opposite direction.
7. Around The World
- Both partners will lie down on their backs across from each other, laying slightly to the side of each other.
- Keeping your upper bodies still, move your legs in a circular motion around each other.
- Repeat in one direction for a few reps, then start again in the opposite direction.
8. Spider Walk With Buddy Clap
- Both partners start out standing up straight, a few feet away from each other.
- Bend down and use your hands to crawl towards your partner. When you reach them, slap right hands, then left.
- Return to original position and repeat.
9. Towel Runs
- One partner stands in front of the other partner, while the one behind will take a long towel and wrap it around the other person’s waist.
- Keeping a straight back and shoulder blades back, the partner holding the towel will stand firm while the other partner starts to sprint, in an attempt to get away from the other partner.
- Keep this going for about 30 seconds and then switch partners.
10. Tabletop Dips
- One partner will get in the tabletop pose – hands and feet on the ground, torso raised up. The other partner will put their hands on the knees of their partner, palms facing their own body.
- With knees bent, the second partner will lower their body down to the ground so their body forms a 90 degree angle.
- Lift yourself back up and repeat. After a few reps, swap positions.