Weight management – Importance, effect on health, and when is weight loss bad
Weight management is undoubtedly a crucial factor in maintaining a healthy life. With the increase in the number of lifestyle-related diseases and also increase in the incidence of such cases, one of the ways you can stay fit and fine is by having an optimum BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate, which is directly proportional to your weight.
In this article, let us find out three aspects related to weight control, namely,
- Why is it essential to maintain a healthy weight?
- How will obesity impact the health of an individual?
- When is weight loss, not a good idea?
- When should I consider Liposuction?
So, let us take one sub-topic at a time in the paragraphs that follow.
Why is it important to maintain a healthy weight?
You will find that losing extra weight and maintaining an optimum one has several benefits and these can be listed in the following points-
- Appearance- If you have a healthy weight, your confidence level increases, and you also look good.
- Prevent lifestyle diseases- If you have the correct weight, you can keep all the lifestyle diseases at bay. These include preventing type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and hypertension. Sleep apnea is another critical condition that can be avoided by weight management.
- Fitness- By maintaining a healthy weight, you remain fit, and your energy level increases remarkably.
- Reproduction- If you are overweight or obese, you tend to get diseases like PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which is an imbalance in hormones. It adversely affects fertility and can cause various unwanted effects on health.
How can obesity impact the health of an individual?
Being obese is not a very good idea. Studies reveal that annually, as many as 2.8 million die due to complications that arise from being overweight or obese.
In the United States alone, according to CDC or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, obesity adversely affects approximately 36.5 percent of people.
Obesity impacts your well-being in the following manner-
- Your chances of getting cancer increases by several times
- Stroke may result
- You are susceptible to type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and various heart-related ailments.
As such, if you are not able to control your weight, it is always a wise move to seek professional assistance. Maranatha Medical Plaza is a good center where you can approach the experts to lose weight in the best possible manner. That is because losing weight abruptly may not be a good idea always for all individuals, as the rate of metabolism differs from one person to another.
When is weight loss, not a good idea?
Undesired weight loss implies that you are exerting yourself more than you are consuming energy. Referred to as “negative energy balance,” unplanned weight loss can lead to the following-
- Your risk of getting osteoporosis increases
- Your immune system becomes compromised, and your ability to fight off infections might decrease
- You will not be able to maintain a healthy body temperature
- Muscle mass and strength gets adversely affected.
4. When should I consider Liposuction?
As such, opting for a planned and healthy way of reducing your weight can “keep the doctor away.”