10-Minute Holiday Hustle Bodyweight Workout
The holiday season has finally arrived, which means soon you’ll be spending more time with family and friends, attending holiday parties and negotiating a hectic social schedule.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
It’s not easy to squeeze in a workout during the holiday season, but this is exactly the time when you should! Workouts help bust stress, give you energy, and increase your overall sense of happiness and wellbeing (not to mention, they can counteract all those extra Christmas calories).
Of course, we reap the benefits of a workout any time of year, but getting a sweat going may prove especially useful around the holidays. Just 10 minutes of exercise a day can make a world of difference.
This quick-hit holiday workout is done using only bodyweight movements, so you don’t even need a gym or equipment. Stay on track and feel your best during one of the most joyful times of the year with this workout.
Holiday Hustle Power Workout
Warm up by completing three rounds of 50 jumping jacks. This will get your heart rate up and prime your muscles for the workout.
Complete the sequence below as many times as you can in 10 minutes. Set your timer for 10 minutes and launch into the exercises in the listed order. Get in as many rounds of the exercise sequence as possible in the allotted time. If you get fatigued, always remember to stop and take a break.
If you want, you can increase the amount of time to something longer than 10 minutes so that you can get in a longer workout.
Burpees will not only tone your entire body, but will also provide a boost of cardio.
- Jump down into a plank position with your arms under you shoulders and body in a horizontal line.
- Jump your legs in toward your feet and explode up into a standing position to complete one repetition.
15 Triceps Dips
This move focuses in on the back muscles of your arms known as the triceps.
- Place your hands on a chair or ledge with your palms facing down and elbows pointing backward.
- Lower down and stop when your elbows hit 90-degrees.
- Raise back up for one repetition.
20 Sumo Squats
This move works your quads, hamstrings, butt, and inner thighs.
- Stand wider than hip-width distance with your feet out at 45-degree angles.
- Sit back and lower down into a wide squat with your knees tracking outward.
- Once you get to the bottom of your squat, use your glutes to help bring you back up to standing for one repetition.
15 Bicycle Crunches
- Lie down on the ground and bring your knees up to 90-degree angles with your hands interlaced behind your head.
- Bring your opposite knee to your opposite leg and then alternate back and forth by repeating on the opposite side.
- This exercise works your obliques, or side abs.
20 Plank Jacks
This is another move that will get your heart rate up! In addition, it works your core.
- Push up into a plank position and jump your feet out and then back in for one repetition.
- Keep this sequence going until you have reached your set amount of repetitions.
- Start in a plank position and lower down into a pushup by leading with your chest.
- Your elbows should face back at 45-degree angles.
- Rise back up by completely extending your arms for one repetition.
- This exercises works your chest muscles!
Once the timer is up, it’s time for a cooldown period. Go on a five-minute walk and complete some static stretches to round out the quick cardio and strength workout.