5 Killer Leg-Lift Exercises To Tone Your Booty
Between all the “twerking” and “belfies” (yup, that’s butt selfies), pop culture seems to be obsessed with the backside, and women now, more than ever, want to firm and shape their derrieres.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
If you want to tone and shape your booty, you’ll need to build muscle. Perform 20 to 30 reps of each of these exercises on each leg, switching from one leg to the next without rest. The best part? You’ll achieve that toned, bootylicious look without doing a single squat or lunge.
Consider adding ankle weights or a resistance band for even bigger booty gains!
Alphabooty Leg Lifts
- Get on all fours on the exercise mat with your knees directly under your hips and your hands beneath your shoulders.
- Lift your right leg until it’s parallel to the floor, pointing your toes. Lift the leg as high as you can and begin tracing the out the alphabet, A – Z.
- Lower your leg to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.
Target Areas: Centre and outer glutes
Booty In A Box
- Remaining on all fours, and point your right leg straight behind you.
- Now, lift your leg four inches higher, keeping your hips angled down.
- Trace a box with your big toe clockwise, then reverse it and go counter clockwise. Try to create a deeper contraction with every box.
- Repeat with left leg.
Target Areas: Centre and upper glute
Butt Lift Taps
- On all fours, while keeping your right leg straight, cross it behind your supporting left leg, tapping the floor with a pointed toe.
- Squeeze your glute and lift your right leg so it’s in line with your right hip and parallel to the floor.
- Lower the leg and tap again. Keep your tailbone slightly tucked throughout the movement . Don’t arch your back.
- Repeat with your left leg.
Target Areas: Upper and outer glutes
- Again, begin with hands and knees on floor, right leg extended.
- Swing your right leg up to the side, in line with your hip.
- Bend your knee, bringing your heel in toward your body.
- Kick back out to the side with a straight leg. Focus on squeezing through the glute.
- Repeat with left leg.
Target Areas: Outer hips and centre glutes
Booty Lift Pulse
- Extend your right leg out to the side in line with your hip.
- Pulse your right leg up and down about an inch at a moderate,
Target Areas: Side and centre of glutes