Athletes usually put their bodies under overwhelming stress, leading to multiple consequences. While intensive training encourages a better performance, physical pressure may cause pain. Despite the abundance of anti-inflammatory and opioid drugs, most of them involve serious health risks. No wonder athletes have started looking for improved sports remedies such as CBD. These natural supplements are supposed to provide pain relief and reduce inflammation.
In fact, CBD has become well-known for its non-addictive and non-toxic characteristics, helping people to minimize acute and chronic pain. Nevertheless, most professional sports authorities still refuse to approve its application. The more research comes out, the more it becomes obvious that CBD could be an efficient remedy for athletes. But where to buy full spectrum CBD oil? This is one of the most common questions you are about to hear among athletes.
Benefits of CBD for Athletes
Even though the use of CBD has not been scientifically approved yet, there are some potential benefits it can provide. Whether you are an occasional runner, a sports enthusiast, or a professional athlete, you can presumably use CBD for a number of reasons. Here are some of them:
- CBD reduces pain. Inflammation is the biggest problem for the athletes’ well-being. Cannabinoids, acting as anti-inflammatory elements, can solve this issue without any side effects.
- CBD helps overcome stress. Before the big game or event, athletes often experience some emotional and mental issues. If not addressed properly, they can cause pain all over your body and worsen your performance. Meanwhile, CBD has the capability to activate 5-HT1A receptors in the brain, leading to an antidepressant-like effect.
- CBD encourages fast recovery & minimizes fatigue. After high-intensity workouts, an athlete’s metabolic state is marked with high body temperature, increasing cortisol level, and depleting sugar. This kind of imbalance can be corrected by CBD due to the high number of antioxidants in it.
- CBD stimulates better functionality of the immune system. Tiresome workouts lasting for weeks, months, and even years increase the body tonus, although they can reveal their full potential only when one has a strong immune system. CBD oil can help you strengthen your body by eliminating free radicals.
- CBD makes it easier to lose weight. Physical training should always go along with the right diet and weight management. Athletes who use CBD find it easy to lose weight because CBD can cause some alterations in the human fat cells. Thus, an athlete can lose weight due to the reduction of appetite and the growing feeling of fullness.
- CBD helps you get a peaceful night’s sleep. A healthy sleeping habit is the key to success for every athlete. Being the so-called recovery time for muscles, a sound sleep of 7-8 hours is crucial for those who have been doing physical exercises. This is where the best CBD gummies for sleep can be of great value. By reducing the level of stress hormones in the human body, such as cortisol, CBD can keep regular sleep cycles under control.
The Combination of CBD Oil and Sport
CBD and sport turn out to be quite a sound combination. Many people who are not familiar with CBD don’t know that this supplement isn’t psychoactive, meaning that it doesn’t have a mind-altering quality. When you use CBD, you shouldn’t worry about becoming paranoid or frustrated. At the same time, most people who know how to buy CBD oil state that this supplement causes a great feeling of relaxation.
When you use CBD products before, during, or after your workout, you feel less discomfort. In a matter of time, you will realize that it becomes easier for you to endure intensive exercising several hours in a row. Eventually, you will manage to improve your physical performance.
Is CBD Actually Safe?
There are not enough research bases to make a clear statement about the positive effects of CBD on an athlete’s performance. But in the conducted studies, there are overly positive results for athletes who use CBD. The best part is that the dose of CBD involves no health hazards, so it won’t make you feel “high” like with TCH (tetrahydrocannabinol). Of course, thinking where to buy CBD oil for cancer is the last resort, because CBD can only lessen some of the symptoms of this disease, in comparison to its potential of helping athletes recover from intense workouts.
Is CBD Legal in Sports?
The professional sports environment is heavily regulated, since coaches want athletes to rely on their natural abilities during the competition. It is a well-known fact that the use of banned supplements can result in suspension from competing for some time and financial penalties.
According to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), CBD was taken out of the list of forbidden substances for athletes. Meanwhile, THC remains in the list of banned synthetic cannabinoids. Consequently, the WADA has adjusted the law regarding the use of CBD products because most of them contain multiple cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. This was done to minimize the possibility for athletes to be tested positive for THC because of using CBD with the allowable amount of THC. So, when it comes to CBD oil and where to buy it, that’s not something you should ask now.
The use of CBD for athletes has not been officially approved by the scientific community. Nevertheless, it is silly to deny the fact that CBD holds real potential as a supplement for pain relief and relaxation. For now, researchers tend to further examine its benefits for handling anxiety, bettering immunity, and combating other health issues. It will surely take some time until CBD will pass the way from being an illegal substance to a significant pain remedy.
Author Bio: Jamie Taylor is the contributor to the popularization of CBD products. His interest in the pain relief properties of cannabidiol was developed during his academic years at Baylor College of Medicine. Later on, he started exploring the use of CBD oil for the treatment of chronic pain and neurological diseases. Today, Jamie Taylor is the founder and CEO of ValidCBDOil, the platform aiming to create clear and informative reviews of quality oils for reasonable prices.
Leave a Reply