We should all aim to have a good and fit body, but hardly pays attention to our regular eating habits. Nutrition rich food and healthy eating guidelines alone can support an active lifestyle and enhance our physical performance. However, when exercising, our body consumes more energy. Whether, we are trying to lose weight or practicing heavy workout routine such as swimming, running, cycling may find that your body needs extra power to perform activities well.
Nutritional habits benefit your body in many ways. In simple words, it fuels your exercise performance, reduces the risk of some common diseases, reduces high blood pressure, and improve your well-being and much more. When a combination of exercise and healthy nutrition are implemented is when successful body change happens. Here is the list of some common nutritious-rich food that can amazingly improve your physical performance and increase your energy levels:
- Proteins: Our body parts such as brain cell, muscles, skin, hair, and nails are protein- based. Proteins are the building blocks of the body. These proteins are broken down during digestion and release amino acids which are responsible for cell growth, improve metabolism, increase muscle mass and also a good source of energy. Your protein requirement entirely depends on your weight, age, and health. To make your protein rich food delicious in taste you can prepare it in your charcoal BBQ grill as it will add little charred flavor to your food making it more scrumptious to ea
Rich Sources of Protein:
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Seeds & nuts
- Milk, yogurt, cheese, and other Dairy Products
- Legumes & beans
- Soya milk, tofu, and other soy products.
- Grains and cereal-based products
- Vitamins: Food we nowadays just fill our belly but eating but also supply enough energy that our body needs to perform daily activities. What we eat directly affects our body that’s why it is recommended to eat healthily and food rich in Vitamins. Vitamins help your body forms teeth, bones, soft tissues and skin and prevents the body from bacterial and viral infections, prevent night blindness and improve overall health.
Rich Source of Vitamins:
- Eggs, seafood, Meat, poultry, and fish
- Papaya, Broccoli
- Brussels sprouts
- Citrus fruits
- Fats: Including fat rich food into the diet can help you in decrease the heart disease, prevent our body from diabetes, enhance brain function and balance our blood sugar level. Fat-rich food also improve your physical performance as it is a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps to reduce pre and post workout pain.
Rich Source of Fat:
- Nuts & Seeds
- Fish, and Vegetable oils
- Butter, Cheese
- Red meat, and Ice Cream.
- Minerals: like above mention nutrients, mineral also helps support the body. Minerals such as Iron, Phosphorus, Calcium, Zinc, etc. are essential for many body functions including strong bones & teeth, improve metabolism, maintain healthy blood pressure and enhance physical performance. Minerals not only support red blood cells and hormone creation but also strengthens your muscles and heal wounds.
Rich Source of Mineral:
- Blackcurrants, figs, prunes, raisins
- Beans (including baked beans), lentils
- Broccoli, curly kale, peas, savoy cabbage, spinach, watercress
- Eggs, Meat, liver, kidney
- Mackerel, oysters, sardines, tuna
- Wholegrain cereals and wholewheat bread.
- Carbohydrates: There are many different types of carbohydrate-containing foods, and they significant for the body. Carbs fuel your body and prevent our body against many serious diseases. Carbohydrates are also very essential for people who perform physical activities and gym lovers. It improves the blood circulations and enhances brain functioning too.
Rich Source of carbohydrates:
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Whole fruits (apples, banana, strawberry)
- Nuts & Seeds
- Whole grains
- Tubers (potatoes, sweet potatoes)
- White bread
Eating healthy for physical activity and Sport can have many benefits including:
- Nutritious rich-food Help reduces pre and post workout inflammation and provide calories.
- Allow you to perform well in your chosen sport or activity.
- Reduce and recover the risk of injuries and illness.
- Boost stamina and supply enough energy.
- Fuel body for aerobic exercise or even the most extended workout sessions.
- Healthy food boosts the immune system and improves blood circulation.
- Improve metabolism.
- Maintaining strong muscles and bones.
- Stimulate hormone production and decrease the risk of developing these diseases.
- Promote longevity and slows the aging process.
The Bottom Line:
Regular Exercise and workout offer incredible benefits that can improve nearly every aspect of your health from the inside out. Physical activities with healthy diet improve your skin’s appearance, help you lose weight and keep it off, lessen the risk of chronic disease and improve your sex life.
By taking healthy diet, you can improve your heart health and endurance and aid in weight loss. Whether you’re practicing high-intensity training or practicing easy to do exercises like jogging, yoga diet plays a crucial role in improving your health in many ways.
If you haven’t been active for a while, start slowly and build up gradually. Ask your doctor or use symptom tracker to know what kind of problem you are suffering from and which exercise can help you safely set for yourself as you progress.