If you want to get all the benefits of a home gym without investing in expensive and clunky equipment, you may want to invest in a set of kettlebells.
Kettlebells are the perfect tool increasing strength while giving you a killer cardio workout. These exercises below work best in a circuit to maximize fat burn.
Check out our top 15 kettlebell workouts to tone and sculpt your entire body.
1. Kettlebell Swing
This might be the one of the most popular kettlebell exercises, but its effects are nonetheless understated. Kettlebell swings are as close to a full body exercise as you can get, and if done correctly, you’ll feel their effects in your glutes, hips, legs, shoulders and arms.
- Start in a standing pose with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, and hold a kettlebell in your hands at hip height.
- Slowly lower into a squat, and with one explosive movement, swing the kettlebell out in front of you to about shoulder-height. Let it fall back between your legs to complete one rep.
2. Kettlebell Front Squat
Do these squats for powerfully sculpted thighs and glutes. They also tone your shoulders, arms and core.
- Hold a kettlebell with both arms closely in front of your chest, as if grabbing a bull by the horns.
- Lower your body into a squat, hold the squat for two seconds and return to the starting position for one rep.
3. Plie Squat
You’ll feel the plie squats in your thighs and glutes if done correctly.
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder width apart and hold a kettlebell with both hands between your legs.
- Take a deep breath and squat deep with the kettlebell still hanging between your legs.
- Stand back up to the starting position to complete one rep.
4. Single-Leg Deadlift
The single-leg deadlift is great for those who want to build amazing glutes.
- To start, hold the kettlebell in front of your body in one hand.
- Lower the kettlebell toward the ground while extending the opposite leg backward so that your weight is transferred to only one leg.
- Return to the starting position for a single rep.
- Be sure to keep your back straight when lowering the kettlebell.
5. Curl And Press
- To start, hold a kettlebell in one arm and let it hang down by your side with your palm facing your body.
- Your feet should be slightly parted, at about shoulder width.
- Curl the kettlebell upward toward your shoulder; then continue to press the kettlebell overhead to complete one rep.
6. One-Arm Kettlebell Lunge
- While standing upright with your feet spread slightly apart, hold a kettlebell overhead with one hand.
- While keeping your arm straight and elbow locked, take a step forward and lower into a lunge with the opposite leg to the raised arm leading the lunge.
- Alternate lunges and switch arms after about eight alternating reps.
7. Uneven Pushup
The uneven pushup, like the regular pushup, will target your shoulders, core, chest and arms. It will also add a new dimension to your workout because of the unequal level of both hands.
- Start in a pushup position with one arm resting on a kettlebell handle, and lower your body slowly as many times as required.
- Don’t forget to switch hands when you’re ready.
8. Half Get-Up
This core blaster does a great job of sculpting the upper body.
- To start, lie on the floor with one arm extended and firmly holding a kettlebell above your head.
- With the kettlebell still raised, sit up by folding the alternate leg to the arm stretched up with the kettlebell.
- Hold the kettlebell up for two seconds after getting into a fully seated position and then get back to a prone position for one rep.
9. Lunge and Press
The kettlebell lunge and press is a simple yet efficient full-body sculpting exercise for your shoulders, abs, thighs and glutes.
- To start, take a step forward with your left foot while holding a kettlebell in your right hand at a 90-degree angle to your body.
- As you go back to a standing position, press the right hand up toward the ceiling to complete one rep.
10. Toe Touch
Want ripped abs? You need to spend time doing this workout.
- Lie on your back with the kettlebell held above your head with both arms and both legs raised at a 90-degree angle to your body.
- Raise your torso slightly to touch your toes with the kettlebell.
- Hold the touch for two seconds, and slowly lower your torso and back to the ground to complete one rep.