Get ready to sweat. This 10-minute, high-intensity medicine ball Tabata workout will maximize your calorie burn and sculpt your entire body. No, it won’t be easy; but it will be worth it.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
Here’s how it works: Each exercise is 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off; then repeat for 2 minutes for each exercise. Sounds simple, right?
Here we go!
1. Medicine Ball Slam
This exercises targets your full body.
- Begin by grabbing a soft medicine ball.
- Then, raise the medicine ball overhead, extending your arms as high as possible—it’s essential that you maintain a flexed core and straight back—then bringing the ball back down, throw it as hard as you can at the ground.
- Pick up the ball and repeat the motion until you’ve hit 20 seconds.
- Give yourself 10 seconds off.
- Then get back to it for another 20-second/10-second rest rotation until you’ve clocked 2 minutes.
- Stay strong; it’s on to the next exercise.
2. Medicine Ball Burpee
- Begin holding a medicine ball (with two hands) with your feet planted shoulder width apart, and then quickly jump as high as you can, while extending your arms and medicine ball upwards overhead.
- As you land, settle in to a natural squatting position and rapidly kick your legs out behind you to end up in a pushup position.
- Perform a pushup if you can, working to stabilize your core as you remain holding onto the medicine ball.
- Return to the standing position, and repeat the exercise as fast as you can for 20 seconds total.
- Take 10 seconds rest.
- Get back on your next 20 seconds on/10 seconds off rotation for a total of 2 minutes.
3. One-Leg Bridge With Leg Lift
- Start in a bridge position with your right foot balanced comfortably on your medicine ball, and your left leg extended straight out lifted slightly above the ground.
- You must be sure to keep your body in a straight and inclined position, while engaging your glutes through continuous flexing.
- Next, lift your left leg straight up, ideally so it’s perpendicular to the floor (everyone has different flexibility ranges) and then lower that leg back down to its original starting position.
- Repeat the same series of motions until you’ve hit 20 seconds.
- Take 10 seconds rest; feel those hamstrings burn! Get back on the clock for another 20 seconds on/10 seconds off until you’ve tallied up 2 minutes total!
4. Wall Sit With Torso Twist
- Begin in the wall sit position, with your knees bent at 90 degrees, and hold your medicine ball straight in front of your chest.
- Maintaining that wall sit position, twist your torso to the right until the medicine ball makes contact with the wall, with your feet firmly planted and arms extended out straight.
- Then twist back to the left side, keeping the same pointers in mind.
- Your forearms will ache by the time you’ve reached 20 seconds!
- Take 10 seconds rest, regroup and get back at it until you’ve clocked a total of 2 minutes.
5. Lunge Cross Chops
Let’s take the heat off those forearms, and finish up your Tabata medicine ball workout with some hamstring heavy lunge cross chops!
- Begin in a standing position with the medicine ball overhead.
- Then, lunge forward on your right foot while making a conscious effort to not allow your left knee to come crashing into the ground.
- Bring your medicine ball down and across your front midsection, making a chopping motion towards your left foot.
- Lastly, bring the ball back over your head and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the motions on the same side until you’ve clocked 20 seconds.
- Take 10 seconds rest.
- Hit the other side for 20 seconds.
- Continue switching sides, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, until you’ve reached 2 minutes.
And that’s a wrap. You just finished your all-new favorite 10-minute Tabata workout. Give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy a well deserved cool down.