You don’t have to endure long, gruelling workouts in order to burn fat. Experts agree that short, intense interval training may be the best way to spike your anabolic hormones, build muscle, and melt fat away fast.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
This easy-to-do workout to burn belly fat combines high-intensity plyometrics with strength-training moves to raise your heart rate, tone your muscles and ultimately burn more calories. The key is to add an explosive element to all of your movements for optimal results.
Also Read: The Rules Of Losing Belly Fat
If you’ve only got 15 minutes and you want something effective, give these exercises to burn belly fat a shot. The workout is broken down minute by minute so you’ll be completely engaged for the entire exercise session. Remember to give it your all, since it’s only for a short period of time. The goal is to complete as many repetitions as possible within each minute for an effective workout for fat burn.
Minute 1: Squat Jumps
Start the workout off with a bang by jumping right into explosive squats. This movement will engage your glutes as well as raise your heart rate.
- Start by standing straight and jumping up with both feet.
- Land in a squat position with your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Explode back up before sitting back down into a squat again.
- Hold dumbbells in each hand to increase the intensity.
Minute 2: Push-Ups
- Start with your hands below your shoulders with a neutral neck and strong core.
- Lower down by leading with your chest. Keep your elbows back at 45-degree angles.
- Push back up from the lowered position for one repetition.
- Lower your knees to the ground to decrease the intensity.
Minute 3: Jumping Lunges
- Start in a standing position and jump your right leg forward so that your right knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Explode up and switch to lunge the left leg forward.
- Continue this pattern to see how many repetitions you can get in the allotted time.
Minute 4: Triceps Dips
- Find a chair or a ledge and put both hands back on it and bend your elbows so that they form a 90-degree angle.
- Push up for one repetition.
- To make it easier, walk your legs in closer.
Minute 5: Bicycle Crunches
- Lie down and curl your head and neck off of the floor with your hands clasped behind your head.
- Bring your knees up into a bent 90-degree angle.
- Crunch in leading your left elbow into your right knee and come back to the center.
- Crunch your right elbow into your left knee.
- This completes one repetition.
Minute 6: Burpees
- Start in a standing position and jump down into push-up position.
- Lower your chest to the ground and spring back up into a squat and then into standing position.
- Coming back to standing completes one repetition.
Minute 7: Rotating Plank Push-Ups
- Begin in push-up position with your hands below your shoulders.
- Make sure your back is in a horizontal position and your neck is in neutral.
- Lower your hips and turn to the right side, lifting the opposite arm in the air and resting on the sides of your feet. Your hips should be off the ground.
- Return slowly to the centre. Perform a push-up.
- Then repeat on the left side.
Minute 8: High Knees
- Gain momentum and hike your left knee up to your chest simultaneously bring your right knee up as your bring your left knee down.
- Repeat this motion to keep your heart rate up.
Minute 9: Butt Kicks
- Start in a standing position and alternately kick each foot back to touch your butt.
- You can do this movement in place or for distance.
Minute 10: Ball Slams
- Grab a medicine ball and get ready to tone your shoulders and core.
- Raise the medicine ball overhead and then slam it down on the ground using hip hinge and shoulder strength.
- Pick the ball up to complete one repetition.
- Increase the weight of the medicine ball for more intensity.
Minute 11: Wall Balls
- Grab a medicine ball and find an empty space near a well.
- Hold the ball with both hands and lower down into a squat.
- Explode up from your squat and launch the ball at the wall.
- Catch it as you lower down into another squat.
- This exercise tones your entire body.
Minute 12: Box Jumps
- Find a chair, ledge, or box. Stand next to it and explode up in a jumping motion so that both feet plant down on top of the box.
- Stand up straight on the box to engage the butt muscles before jumping back down.
- Increase the intensity by finding a taller box.
Minute 13: Tuck Jumps
- Start in a standing position and jump with your knees together as high as you can.
- Wrap your arms around your legs at the top of the moment to form the tuck.
Minute 14: Jumping Jacks
- Jump your legs out to either side as you raise your arms above head.
- From there, jump your legs back in as your bring your arms down to your sides.
- This movement gives you one last punch of cardio in the workout.
Minute 15: Plank
- Finish up with a core exercise! Start in push-up position and hold for the entire minute.
- Your abs should be burning by the end of this move.